The cricket fans are eagerly waiting for some of the cricketers who will be making their ODI World Cup debuts. It will also greatly impact the ODI World Cup betting scenario.
We will take a look at these five players who are expected to light the World Cup on fire.
Top Five Debutants To Watch Out for In ODI World Cup 2023
Just because they are making their ODI World Cup debuts, doesn’t mean that they are young.
There are players like Devon Conway of New Zealand who is 32 and yet will be playing his first ODI World Cup.
Here are the five players who can be the game-changers for their respective nation.
- Devon Conway
- Liam Livingstone
- Harry Brook
- Mohammed Sira
- Heinrich Klaasen
Let’s take a closer look at these player on an individual basis:
As mentioned above, Conway is 32, and yet he is getting ready for his first ODI World Cup.
Nonetheless, everyone knows what an asset he is going to be.
- After making his debut at the ripe age of 29, Conway went on to play 29 ODI games for New Zealand, where he accounted for 874 runs with an average of 46. This included three fifties and four hundreds.
- In the upcoming ODI World Cup, he will have a great opportunity to make the most of the conditions that are on offer since he has played a lot of times on these pitches in CSK jersey.
Watch out for England’s muscular finisher, Liam Livingstone.
Livingstone’s name first shot up to prominence when he was picked up by the Punjab Kings in the IPL 2022 auction, where he was bought for Rs 11.50 crore.
- This 30-year-old can give the ball some serious whack, and fans know that he brings his ‘A’ game on Indian pitches.
- On flat tracks, he can get a solid hold of the ball, and the upcoming ODI World Cup , which will have batting-friendly tracks, gives him a great opportunity to further his strike rate, which already stands at 116.
England’s new star batter Harry Brook is not alien to Indian conditions, for he has made his IPL debut this year.
And as it turns out, it came at the exact right time, just before the ODI World Cup debut.
- Brook is a fine top-order batter, playing aggressive cricket with his orthodox shots, which makes his batting look ridiculously good to the eyes.
- He has played six ODI games, scoring 123 runs with a highest score of 80 runs.
- Brook is bound to enjoy batting in India, and the exuberance of youth might propel him to play with a ‘devil-may-care’ attitude.
The best thing about Siraj is that he can seam and swing it both ways. But as a right-armer, he can take the ball away from the right-hander.
- A good example could be his match-winning performance against Sri Lanka in the Asia Cup final, where he registered amazing figures of 6/21.
- Siraj made his ODI debut in 2019, and by 2022, he was bowling at his peak.
- He can be very good in the death overs, and that makes him an asset for India in the upcoming ODI World Cup.
- He has played 30 ODI matches, picking up 54 wickets.
Klaasen was just another batter until he took on Australia in the fourth ODI match at Centurion recently.
- In one of the classic modern-day assaults, he set up his innings, taking 38 balls to reach his fifty. And then he went for his shots, which ensured that he raced to his hundred in no time.
- So shocked were the Aussies that they continued to bleed runs, and South Africa managed to reach a total of 416/5. Eventually, Australia lost there and then.
- Klaasen is very good on the off side, which shows how attacking and orthodox he can be at the same time.
- He is an excellent wicketkeeper, and the upcoming ODI World Cup is going to be a great opportunity for him to sharpen his batting skills even more.
Final Thoughts on 5 Debutants in ODI WC 2023:
This ODI World Cup is going to be a perfect opportunity for these five debutantes to build and establish their brands.
Their fan following is already on the rise, and one more effort on this world stage will surely make them heroes.
Like it did for Ben Stokes in 2019, James Faulkner in 2015, and Yuvraj Singh in 2011!!!!